Effective Date: July 6, 2023
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users through various methods, including when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to the newsletter, or engage in other activities, services, features, or resources available on our Site. The information we may collect includes, but is not limited to, name, email address, mailing address, and credit card information.
Users have the option to visit our Site anonymously, in which case no personally identifiable data is collected. We collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can choose not to provide personal identification information, except in cases where it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. This information may include browser names, computer type, technical information about Users' means of connection to our Site (such as operating system and internet service provider), and similar details. This information is used for web analytics purposes to understand site traffic, visitor interests, and improve our overall site design.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
We collect and use Users' personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service: The information provided helps us respond more effectively to customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: We use the information Users provide during the ordering process to fulfill their orders. We do not share this information with outside parties, except as necessary to provide the service.
- To administer site features: We may use the information to manage content, promotions, surveys, or other features on the Site.
- To send relevant information: We may send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we believe will be of interest to them.
- To send periodic emails: If Users opt-in to our mailing list, we may send them emails containing company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. Users can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe instructions provided in each email or by contacting us via our Site.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information, usernames, passwords, transaction information, and data stored on our Site. The exchange of sensitive and private data between the Site and Users occurs over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users' personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information that does not include personal identification information with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may also engage third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or to administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We share information with these third parties only.
Services We Use to Process Orders and for Our Newsletter
Our e-commerce Web site is BigCommerce. BigCommerce stores customer data related to processing orders. Our credit card processor is PayPal powered by Braintree. ShipStation manages order shipping and label creation. The United States Postal Service (USPS) ships orders. We use MailChimp for the sew-what.fun newsletter.
We use Google Analytics to collect cookie-based anonymous data from our website visitors. Anonymous information collected by Google Analytics is used in aggregate to help us better understand how visitors use our website and improve our product offering and services. You may opt-out of this data collection by clearing your web browser's cookies or by installing the Opt-Out Browser Add-on, which can be found here.
Please consult the individual service providers listed here to learn their privacy policies.
Additional Privacy Rights
Transparency and the right to information. This policy explains how we use and share your information. if you have questions or need additional information please contact email@example.com.
Right of access, restriction of processing, erasure/opting out. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how we collect data from you, to request correction, to modify or delete any personal information we may have collected from you.
Right to withdraw your consent at any time. We only collect personal data with your consent and you can withdraw this consent at any time by contacting email@example.com.
Right to object. You have the right to ask us to stop sending you promotional material by selecting "unsubscribe" at the bottom of our newsletters, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
We will respond to your request as soon as possible. Some activities are not subject to a general opt-out, such as correspondence about transactions you have made on our site or any interactions related to legal or ethical matters.
Right to data portability. You have the right to move your personal data from our platform by contacting us at email@example.com
Right not to be subject to an automated decisions, including profiling. We do not profile customers based on the data they provide, or use customer data in any negative way.
Sew-what.fun currently fulfills orders only within the United States of America.
California Children's Act
Sew-what.fun provides sewing patterns, fabric, and elastic for sewists of all ages. All of the goods we sell are wholesome and geared towards helping people learn and exercise the craft of sewing.
- Age Requirement: Sew-what.fun provides sewing patterns, fabric, and elastic for sewists of all ages. All of the goods we sell are wholesome and geared towards helping people learn and exercise the craft of sewing. Children who offer personal information by purchase sewing materials or to sign up for our newsletter must have parental permission to supply personal information.
- Collection of Personal Information from Children: We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without obtaining parental consent. If you become aware that a child under 16 has provided personal information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from your records.
- Parental Rights: Parents or legal guardians can review, delete, or modify their child's personal information, and revoke any previously granted consent.
- Obtaining Parental Consent: Parents or guardians must approve of any purchase made by a child under the age of 16. The parent or legal guardian should provide their credit card and payment information when the child makes a purchase on Sew-what.fun. The parent or guardian needs to provide written consent before their child can sign up for our newsletter by sending an e-mail to Kay@sew-what.fun.
The Sew-what.fun web site will comply with other applicable laws and regulations that may relate to children's privacy, such as the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) at the federal level.
158 The Great Road, Unit J84
Bedford, MA 01730